If you don't want to watch Super Bowl XLVII at home, here are some good places in and near Rockridge to take in the action:
- New Parkway Theater, 474 - 24th St., Oakland, $10 includes one free drink ticket.
- George and Walt's, 5445 College Ave., Oakland, opens 10 a.m., early arrival recommended. Mutliple TV screens.
- Crogan's Montclair, 6101 La Salle Ave., Oakland.
- Grand Oaks Restaurant and Sports Lounge, 3701 Grand Ave., Oakland.
- WhiteHorse Bar, 6551 Telegraph Ave., Oakland, which says it's the country's second oldest continuously operating gay bar.
Is there another bar or restaurant in Oakland that would be particularly good to watch the San Francisco 49ers go helmet to helmet with the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday afternoon? Or perhaps a place that doesn't center around food and drink?
Business owners, if you're running specials for people who watch the game at your venues Sunday, please share details in the comments.
Tell us where else in Oakland people should go to enjoy the game, shout at the top of their lungs with 100 other fans and absorb some great atmosphere.
Also, just for fun, the National Football League site has a section that ranks the past 46 Super Bowls from worst game to best game. Tell us what you think were the best and most boring Super Bowls.